This article is for modelers and admins who are starting their EA practice in EA SaaS. The article covers on how to exchange EA Model Information from local to cloud machine.
For users who are unfamiliar with EA SaaS, we have come up with a guide which provides steps on how to perform certain tasks which differ from local machine in EA SaaS. In the table below, we have mentioned the functionality of four icons in EA SaaS environment.
|Click on this Icon to exchange files from a local machine to EA SaaS and vice versa.|
|Click on this Icon to exchange text between a local machine and the EA SaaS session.|
|Click on this Icon to extend the displays (Multiscreen), a tab appears at the top-centre edge of the screen. To exit full screen mode, choose the tab|
and then Exit full screen.
|To extend the display in the client, choose to Enter full screen.|
Export a XML file from EA Model
To Export a file from your computer to the session storage follow the below steps:
1. Select the package you want to export from the repository browser.
2. Under the Publish from the ribbon, Click the “Export Package” dropdown and select “Export Package to Native/XMI (Full Round Trip)” from the dropdown.
3. Choose the path to a save the file and mention the file name. Select XML in Native Format and click “Export”.
4. Repeat the above–mentioned steps if you want to export any additional root nodes you want to transfer.
Transfer the XML file from Local Machine
1. Launch the EA SaaS portal, Use the EA SaaS URL and login to the repository with respective credentials.
2. Once user logged in to the model, they able to see the demo model. To work with the exported model. users need to upload the files into the EA SaaS system. Click on the icon with two vertical arrows at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Click upon “Upload file” and select the respective file that user want to import. Please follow the same steps if you have multiple nodes. User will see the files in the list.
4. The files are now stored in the downloads folder on the EA SaaS VM. Now user can import them into the model. By selecting the root node where you want to import the data into the model. In this case, pick the “Model” node.
Import the XML file to Model via EA SaaS
1. Go to Publish -> Import Package -> Click Import Package from Native/XMI file option from the dropdown.
2. Please choose the file which is needs to import into the model via Import package Native/XML file wizard.
3. If you are prompted with this screen, click “No”.
4. The import will run, and user should be able to see the content in the Model root node. Close the import window.
5. Repeat the same steps if you have any additional nodes, being sure to select the model root node before opening the import screen again (or else you’ll end up putting your content down a layer lower than what you want).